Cabbages Introduce - What is Cabbage?Cabbage (Brassica oleracea, var. capitata, var. tuba, and var. sabauda) is a one of a number important wintry Vegetable than others. It is a leafy green, biennial, grown as a yearly vegetable for its densely-leaved heads. It’s covered by cross section round leaf arranging step by step harmoniously. Attentively related to other Cole crops like as Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. Cabbage heads normally weight from 1 to 8 pounds (0.45 to 3.6 kg).
Cabbages Color - What's Color of Cabbage?Naturally cabbage can be a green color in our South Asian countries, especially in Bangladesh, India, china etc... But After that, there are different color in cabbages. It can be three colors such as green, purple and white. Smooth-leafed firm-headed green cabbages are the majority collective, with smooth-leafed red and crinkle-leafed Savoy cabbages of both colors seen more rarely. It is known to all people of Bangladesh including India as a “pata coffi” or “badha coffi” (leaf cabbage). This kind of vegetable is eaten by cooked or as a green salad.
Cabbage Nutritious CaloriesAlthough Cabbage is low carbohydrate vegetable, but it has a lot of nutritious calories. There are obtain 17.5 Kilo calorie carbohydrates in 1 (one) cup (70 gram) of cabbage. Besides, there are molybdenum, vitamin-C, vitamin-K, foliate, potassium, calcium and food-scale in cabbage. There are enough minerals in outer green covering instead of inner soft covering. The full nutritional values of cabbage are below:
|Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz) of Cabbage|
|Energy||103 kJ (25 kcal)|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g|
|Thiamine (vit. B1)||0.061 mg (5%)|
|Riboflavin (vit. B2)||0.040 mg (3%)|
|Niacin (vit. B3)||0.234 mg (2%)|
|Pantothenic acid (B5)||0.212 mg (4%)|
|Vitamin B6||0.124 mg (10%)|
|Folate (vit. B9)||53 μg (13%)|
|Vitamin C||36.6 mg (44%)|
|Vitamin K||76 mg (72%)|
|Calcium||40 mg (4%)|
|Iron||47 mg (4%)|
|Magnesium||12 mg (3%)|
|Phosphorus||26 mg (4%)|
|Potassium||170 mg (4%)|
|Zinc||0.18 mg (2%)|
|Percentages are relative to
US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient Database
Cabbages Health BenefitsCabbage also has more health benefits. How much cabbage benefits we can not try to know about it. But there are many salutary beneficent in Cabbage. Shortly, I have described all benefits of cabbage in the below:
1. There is a one kind of Ingredient named ‘sulforaphane’ which increases activation of ‘Antioxidant’ in the body.
2.‘Phytonutrients’ of this vegetable Prevent the growth of ‘cell destroyer ingredient’ in the body.
3. It is proved by the research that, It helps to control limitation of ‘cholesterol’ of blood.
4. It helps to dismiss ‘Constipation.
5. It helps to cure ‘burn sore’ with any ‘sores’ of the body.
6. It is proved on the research that, an Ingredient named ‘Sinigrin’ existent in cabbage transformed into ‘isothiocyanate’ which obstructs cancer.
7. There is an ingredient named ‘histidine’ which obstructs problem of allergy.
8. And to lose over weight of body, Cabbage has important contribution.
Cabbages Medicinal benefit1. Cabbages juice is used for headache, bronchitis and many of the disease.
2. It has Vitamin-C which is very good to protects skin problem.
3. Its juice turn the dryness of skin/face out and make up lightness.
Carefulness in Cabbage Use1. An ingredient of Cabbages prevents the growth of ‘thyroid’. So whose have the problem of ‘thyroid gland’, he can eat this cabbage vegetable as much as possible.
2. But who has Constipation problem he should not take it.
We hope, dear reader, to share your suggestions, your comments, and your thoughts. We take care everything you send to us and will have the most interest to our editorial board. Thanks for your cooperation.
Copyright: Modern Herbalife
Not to be reproduced without the permission of Modern Herbalife.