What Causes Chronic Diarrhea?Chronic Diarrhea Causes are same as normal diarrhea causes. After yet its causes include parasitic infestation, malabsorption, pancreatic insufficiency, diabetic neuropathy, hyperthyroidism, food allergy, surreptitious laxative ingestion, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Differentiation of Colonic vs. Small Bowel CausesIf a patient present with standard, small-volume stools, urgency, and tenesmus, this is most likely due to a disease in the distal colon. Conversely, if the stools are in standard and large in volume, it is usually the small bowel that contains the abnormality.
Osmotic vs. Secretory1. Osmotic diarrhea is usually caused by poorly absorbed solutes in the gut. In such a case, the sum of stool sodium and potassium do not account for the total stool osmolality. Causes include lactose intolerance and ingestion of osmotic laxatives.
2. Secretory diarrhea occurs extensively when the injury to the gut has taken place, and secretion of fluid and electrolytes occurs within the lumen. The osmotic pressure of the intestinal contents is extensively the same as that of plasma. These diarrheas persist despite fasting and are generally of organic GI cause, including ileitis, colitis, and bacterial enteritis.
3. Enteric motility diarrhea may result from an abnormal alteration in enteric motility. This may occur, to some extent, in hyperthyroidism, but more commonly in irritable bowel syndrome.
How to Diagnose the Chronic Diarrhea?When chronic diarrhea gets you, and you felt any abnormal symptoms of your bowel movements, like as unusual color or smell, blood, mucus, or oil droplets in your bowel movement, you may need to test your stool for finding out the main causes of disease. So the following tests are most required:
1. Blood Test: It may take your blood to test those organs, like as your both kidneys are working correctly or non-correctly.
2. Bowel Test: Bowel movement sample may be taken to find out the causes of the actual symbols of chronic diarrhea.
3. X-ray: It may take the x-ray of your abdomen and stomach to find out any abnormal condition of your digest.
4. CT scan: It’s also called a CAT scan. Like the above test system, it is finally a test system to find out the cause of chronic diarrhea.
Treatment for chronic diarrhea is similar to treatment of normal diarrhea. The standard treatment for Normal Diarrhea or Chronic Diarrhea in Herbal, Ayurvedic or Unani better than other customary treatments like as higher antibiotic or Allopathic. The standard treatment for diarrhea has been described in the previous article. You can read it for free treatment for Normal diarrhea or Chronic Diarrhea. We have learned in this article about Chronic Diarrhea and What is Chronic Diarrhea and How to Diagnose it? With details Description. Dr.H. David Watts also has the same opinion on this disease.
Please always try to stay healthy with our Modern Herbalife Home Remedies.
We hope, dear reader, to share your suggestions, your comments, and your thoughts. We take care everything you send to us and will have the most interest to our editorial board. Thanks for your cooperation.
Copyright: Modern Herbalife
Not to be reproduced without the permission of Modern Herbalife.